Essentials Waxing Treatment
We are proud to use the award winning Waxperts Wax. It is formulated for the most sensitive skin and developed to easily remove even the strongest hair. From brow and lip waxing right up to specialised waxing treatments among which the Californian and the Hollywood are included, we’ll take care of your every waxing need. A 24-hour patch test required before your first waxing treatment with us
Face Waxing & Threading
Before and Aftercare
Before Your Waxing Appointment:
- It is best to leave at least three weeks of re-growth before making your appointment to ensure the hair doesn’t break during treatment. This will allow the wax to grip the hair effectively, pulling it from the root, which will ensure a smooth finish.
- Prep the area during the week prior to your appointment by exfoliating the area to be waxed. This will open up the follicle and minimise the chance of ingrown hairs occurring.
- On the day of your waxing appointment do not apply any creams or lotions on the area to be treated.
Please note: some slight soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if this is your first wax. These symptoms should subside over the next 24-48 hours. If you experience persistent redness or irritation, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
After Your Waxing Appointment:
Keep the waxed area clean, and avoid heat and friction during the next 24-48 hours.
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only).
- No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans).
- No sport, gym work or other exercise.
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes to avoid friction on the area.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist.
You may notice a small amount of re-growth after a week or so. It can take up to 4 treatments for your hair to fall into a growth cycle that gives the best results. Please do not shave between your appointments, if you would like to maintain your smooth appearance, we recommend regular waxing every 4-6 weeks.